There are currently intermittent issues with the display of images on the old catalogue and Library website. We are working to resolve the issue and apologise for any inconvenience. Please search the new catalogue.
HERE'S A SNEAK PEEK
In this virtual excursion you will take part in an exclusive ‘behind the scenes’ investigation into the process of bringing a picture book to life. You will see original drafts, sketches and artworks from our extensive picture book archives that demonstrate how illustrators develop and plan their illustrations, bringing adding depth and meaning to the words on each page.
Please note: This virtual excursion is only available on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- uses an integrated range of skills, strategies and knowledge to read, view and comprehend a wide range of texts in different media and technologies EN3-3A
- discusses how language is used to achieve a widening range of purposes for a widening range of audiences and contexts EN3-5B
- thinks imaginatively, creatively, interpretively and critically about information and ideas and identifies connections between texts when responding to and composing texts EN3-7C
- effectively uses a widening range of processes, skills, strategies and knowledge for responding to and composing texts in different media and technologies EN4-2A
- makes effective language choices to creatively shape meaning with accuracy, clarity and coherence EN4-4B
- thinks imaginatively, creatively, interpretively and critically about information, ideas and arguments to respond to and compose texts. EN4-5C
This session, artworks, film and sound clips are protected by copyright and may not be recorded, reproduced or used in any way without the express written consent of the State Library of NSW.
Please complete the booking enquiry form below.