The Library is closed onsite, open online. See updates here.
Are you looking for something that will captivate your family for hours without having to spend a cent or leave the house?
Our Creative Kids box is filled with activities inspired by the State Library’s collections to delight and inspire all curious and creative primary school aged children. We’ll provide complete activity instructions and a box full of creative supplies delivered straight to your door - and with your Creative Kids voucher it is completely free!
This box will take you on a creative journey, starting in your real world and extending into the world of your imagination. From the moment it arrives on your doorstep, the activities inside will have you drawing, playing, reading, building, experimenting, constructing, crafting and writing. Best of all, this box contains plenty of ideas, instructions and resources to repeat and extend the activities for months to come.
What will I find inside?
- Complete instructions for a range of hands-on, screen-free activities, ranging from art to science to creative writing.
- A copy of the beautiful book Hello Australia by Megan McKean.
- A comic book and playing cards all about sea monsters.
- Reusable art materials, including watercolour oil pastels, paint brush, and all the craft supplies you’ll need to complete the activities.
- Copies of maps from the State Library’s collections and two giant rolls of paper to make a map of your neighbourhood.
- A real, working compass to guide you on your adventures, and instructions and supplies to make your own.
- Links to our bonus online content.
What can I do?
- Transform the box into a suitcase to contain all of your special treasures.
- Draw a giant map of your neighbourhood.
- Make a compass using a needle, cork and a magnet to help you explore.
- Build your own house or apartment block, or design the house of your dreams.
- Read the comic about sea monsters and battle your friends using the monster playing cards.
- Create a mini-book about sea monsters where YOU are the hero.
- Design and build your own 3D sea monster using cane and tissue paper.
How can I order?
Find out more and register for your $100 Creative Kids voucher on the NSW Government website.
Once you have received your Creative Kids voucher code, complete the online order form.
Please allow one week for your voucher code to be verified with Creative Kids.
Upon confirmation of acceptance of the voucher code, your box will be posted and we will send you an email with a tracking number for your parcel.
Due to COVID-19 postal delays, your Creative Kids box may take 2–3 weeks to be delivered.
For any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org