The Library is open on the King's Birthday public holiday, Monday 12 June 2023. View the public holiday opening hours.
Task no. 1
Share the story Are We There Yet by Alison Lester.
- Where do the family live? (Personal scale.)
- Did the family have a personal place as they travelled?
- Where did the family go first? (Local scale.)
- What Australian places did they visit? (National scale.)
- Where would you most like to visit in the book? Why?
- What Australian places have you visited?
Using the map of Australia in the downloadable resource:
- Plot the family’s home on a map of Australia.
- Draw a line showing the family’s journey. Label the capital cities and major towns they visited.
Formulating questions for inquiry
- What are places like?
- Where are places located in Australia?
- How do we use scale to define places?