The Library is open over the October long weekend, with reduced hours on Monday 2 October 2023. View the long weekend opening hours here.
Task no. 1
Accessing places today
As a class, collectively observe Sources 11 to 18 and discuss how people access places today and answer each set of questions.
- What mode of transport is being used?
- Would you travel short or long distances using this type of transport?
- Does this type of transport make access to places easier or faster than in the past? How?
Task no. 2
Current modes of transport
- List the different modes of transport you can see in the images.
- Would you travel short or long distances using these types of transport?
- Does this type of transport make access easier or faster than in the past? How?
Task no. 3
Travel and technology
- What modes of transport are represented in the images below?
- What technology might be used in these business?
- How does this improve our access to places both near and far?
Task no. 4
How do people access far away places?
- How do people access far away places?
- What ways can you think of that we can comminucate with people from far away without visiting them in person?
- How has technology changed our ability to communiacte with people from far away?