Public holiday: the Library will be open on 3 October. View opening hours
Task no. 1
From sources 1-14, your own knowledge and your own research answer the following questions:
What were the constraints and possibilities for women at this time? Consider family life, employment, education, the vote, travel.
Choose one woman from sources 1-14 and complete the following task:
You are working as a war correspondent and have been asked by the Australian Women’s Weekly to write a 500 word article profiling the experience of one woman who participated in this major historical event.
- What is the name and background of the woman you have chosen?
- What was her motivation to participate in the war?
- What was her contribution?
- Where did she participate in the war effort?
- When did she participate?
- What were the challenges she faced?
- What happened to her after the war?
- How does her experience compare with other women of a similar age and background?
- How did society’s perception of women change because of WWI?