There are currently intermittent issues with the display of images on the old catalogue and Library website. We are working to resolve the issue and apologise for any inconvenience. Please search the new catalogue.
Secrets on the page
Students will develop their visual literacy skills on an educator led tour of the exhibition Imagine...the Wonder of Picture Books and explore the science of colour.
In this 90-minute program students will:
- tour the exhibition Imagine...the Wonder of Picture Books
- explore the colour combinations used in illustrations by Bronwyn Bancroft
- identify and discuss visual literacy concepts within illustrations
- listen to a reading of the picture book – Coming Home to Country by Bronwyn Bancroft
- create an individual collage to become part of a collaborative artwork.
Creative Arts in Visual Arts
- VAS3.1: Investigates subject matter in an attempt to represent likenesses of things in the world.
- VAS3.2: Makes artworks for different audiences assembling materials in a variety of ways.
- VAS3.4: Communicates about the ways in which subject matter is represented in artworks
Before you visit
$200 for groups up to 15 and $325 for groups of 16–30.
Monday to Friday, during term time
Minimum supervision ratio
Year 3 – Year 6: 1 adult per 10 students
Bookings are essential, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9273 1778.