Discover one of the greatest writers of all time. Visit the beautiful Shakespeare room - one of the hidden treasures of Sydney - explore the stories of Shakespeare, dress in costumes that will bring the Elizabethan era to life and enjoy a drama workshop.
In this 2 hour program students will:
- explore the exquisite Shakespeare room, built to commemorate the 300th anniversary of the poet’s death
- view rare objects and works from the Shakespeare collection
- enjoy a drama workshop based on As You Like It
- record their performance and take it back to school.
Stage 3 – English
- EN3-2A composes, edits and presents well-structured and coherent texts
- EN3-7C thinks imaginatively, creatively, interpretively and critically about information and ideas and identifies connections between texts when responding to and composing texts
Stage 4 – English
- EN4-1A responds to and composes texts for understanding, interpretation, critical analysis, imaginative expression and pleasure
- EN4-2A effectively uses a widening range of processes, skills, strategies and knowledge for responding to and composing texts in different media and technologies
- EN4-3B uses and describes language forms, features and structures of texts appropriate to a range of purposes, audiences and contexts
- EN4-5C thinks imaginatively, creatively, interpretively and critically about information, ideas and arguments to respond to and compose texts
Stage 5 – English
- EN5-1A responds to and composes increasingly sophisticated and sustained texts for understanding, interpretation, critical analysis, imaginative expression and pleasure
- EN5-2A effectively uses and critically assesses a wide range of processes, skills, strategies and knowledge for responding to and composing a wide range of texts in different media and technologies
$230 for groups up to 15 and $355 for groups of 16 - 30.
Monday, Wednesday - Fridays during term time.
Minimum Supervision Ratio
Kindergarten – Year 2 - 1 adult per 5 students
Year 3 – Year 6 - 1 adult per 10 students
Secondary students - 1 adult per 20 students