Face masks mandatory until 12.01 am, Monday 10 May 2021. Please read our special conditions of entry before visiting us.
Discover one of the greatest writers of all time. Visit the beautiful Shakespeare room - one of the hidden treasures of Sydney - explore the stories of Shakespeare, dress in costumes that will bring the Elizabethan era to life and enjoy a drama workshop.
In this 2 hour program students will:
- explore the exquisite Shakespeare room, built to commemorate the 300th anniversary of the poet’s death
- view rare objects and works from the Shakespeare collection
- enjoy a drama workshop based on As You Like It
- record their performance and take it back to school.
Stage 3 – English
- EN3-2A composes, edits and presents well-structured and coherent texts
- EN3-7C thinks imaginatively, creatively, interpretively and critically about information and ideas and identifies connections between texts when responding to and composing texts
Stage 4 – English
- EN4-1A responds to and composes texts for understanding, interpretation, critical analysis, imaginative expression and pleasure
- EN4-2A effectively uses a widening range of processes, skills, strategies and knowledge for responding to and composing texts in different media and technologies
- EN4-3B uses and describes language forms, features and structures of texts appropriate to a range of purposes, audiences and contexts
- EN4-5C thinks imaginatively, creatively, interpretively and critically about information, ideas and arguments to respond to and compose texts
Stage 5 – English
- EN5-1A responds to and composes increasingly sophisticated and sustained texts for understanding, interpretation, critical analysis, imaginative expression and pleasure
- EN5-2A effectively uses and critically assesses a wide range of processes, skills, strategies and knowledge for responding to and composing a wide range of texts in different media and technologies
Before you visit
$230 for groups up to 15 and $355 for groups of 16 - 30.
Monday, Wednesday - Fridays during term time.
Minimum Supervision Ratio
Kindergarten – Year 2 - 1 adult per 5 students
Year 3 – Year 6 - 1 adult per 10 students
Secondary students - 1 adult per 20 students