Travel back in time and immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of life on the goldfields as you explore the challenges and opportunities faced by miners on the goldfields in the 1850s. Using the extensive Holtermann UNESCO-listed goldfields photographs for inspiration, your students will analyse primary sources and dress up in period costume to create and star in a short film.
In this 2 hour program your students will:
- analyse primary source material
- write the script for a short film
- dress in period costume
- make a short movie using an iPad
- see original collection items relating to Australian history.
- HT3-1 describes and explains the significance of people, groups, places and events to the development of Australia
- HT3-2 describes and explains different experiences of people living in Australia
- HT3-3 identifies change and continuity and describes the causes and effects of change on Australian society
- HT3-5 applies a variety of skills of historical inquiry and communication
- EN3-1A Communicates effectively for a variety of audiences and purposes using increasingly challenging topics, ideas, issues and language forms and features
- EN3-2A Composes, edits and presents well-structured and coherent texts
- EN3-3A Uses an integrated range of skills, strategies and knowledge to read, view and comprehend a wide range of texts in different media and technologies
$230 for groups up to 15 and $355 for groups of 16 – 30.
Monday - Friday during term time
Minimum Supervision Ratio
Kindergarten – Year 2 - 1 adult per 5 students
Year 3 – Year 6 - 1 adult per 10 students
Secondary students - 1 adult per 20 students