Due to essential maintenance, access to some online services including eresources and the viewing of digitised items will be temporarily unavailable between 8 pm and 10.30 pm AEDT on Wednesday, 19 February 2020. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
A State Library educator will come to your professional learning day and present a workshop exploring our learning resources based on NSW syllabus for the Australian curriculum.
In this workshop teachers will learn how to access:
- eResources and ebooks,
- stage 1 – 6 learning activities for the NSW syllabi for the Australian Curriculum,
- social media including Pinterest, Twitter and Instragram,
- subject research guides,
- Library catalogues,
- original materials and artefacts
- digital collections.
The course may be tailored to meet the needs of a particular group (e.g. Primary or Secondary teachers) or to be subject specific (e.g. focus on History or English resources).
Terms and conditions:
- A minimum of 10 schools to be represented at the workshop.
- Individual whole school staff professional development is NOT the intention of the program and will not be provided by the State Library of NSW.
- The train the trainer model is employed with teachers from individual schools returning to their schools to in-service other staff.
- The school acting as host of the workshop is to publicise the event to government and non-government schools in their local network.
- Host school is responsible for all IT and room setup, communications with participants, logistics and reasonable hosting expectations.
- Host school to provide SLNSW staff with access to laptop/computer/data projector/IWB/ and good internet access.
- Individual teachers are responsible for signing an attendance sheet and submitting their registration number if they require NESA points for the session.
- Participants should be encouraged to bring their own digital device – laptop/tablet etc.
- The State Library of NSW will provide a qualified teacher to present the course and will cover all travel and accommodation costs.
For Proficient Teachers: Completing Reach Out! will contribute 2 hours and 30 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 2.6.2, 6.2.2, 7.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Bookings are essential, please book early to avoid dissapointment.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone (02) 9273 1778 or fill out our Bookings Enquiry form.