The Library's reading rooms are open. Before you visit, please read Visiting the Library.
A State Library educator will come to your professional learning day and present a workshop exploring our learning resources based on NSW syllabus for the Australian curriculum.
In this workshop teachers will learn how to access:
- eResources and ebooks,
- stage 1 – 6 learning activities for the NSW syllabi for the Australian Curriculum,
- social media including Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram,
- subject research guides,
- Library catalogues,
- original materials and artefacts
- digital collections.
The course may be tailored to meet the needs of a particular group (e.g. Primary or Secondary teachers) or to be subject specific (e.g. focus on History or English resources).
Terms and conditions:
- A minimum of 10 schools to be represented at the workshop.
- Individual whole school staff professional development is NOT the intention of the program and will not be provided by the State Library of NSW.
- The train the trainer model is employed with teachers from individual schools returning to their schools to in-service other staff.
- The school acting as host of the workshop is to publicise the event to government and non-government schools in their local network.
- Host school is responsible for all IT and room setup, communications with participants, logistics and reasonable hosting expectations.
- Host school to provide SLNSW staff with access to laptop/computer/data projector/IWB/ and good internet access.
- Individual teachers are responsible for signing an attendance sheet and submitting their registration number if they require NESA points for the session.
- Participants should be encouraged to bring their own digital device – laptop/tablet etc.
- The State Library of NSW will provide a qualified teacher to present the course and will cover all travel and accommodation costs.
For Proficient Teachers: Completing Reach Out! will contribute 2 hours and 30 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 2.6.2, 6.2.2, 7.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.