The Library is open. See frequently asked questions.
We are very excited to announce the launch of the Library’s new Indigenous Collecting Strategy. Participate in the conversation!
Launch of the Library’s new Indigenous Collecting Strategy
We are very excited to announce the launch of the Library’s new Indigenous Collecting Strategy. The Library celebrated by hosting an event on Wednesday 6 July with these incredible speakers:
- Members of the State Library's Indigenous Advisory Board - Dr Chris Evans, Nancia Guivarra and Michael Ingrey
- Artist Bronwyn Bancroft
- Aunty Kay Bussell, Jodie Bell with artist/photographer Jagath Dheerasekara
- Dr Tiffany McComsey, with representatives of the Kinchela Boys Corporation
- Luke Pearson (Indigenous X)
The launch was opened by the NSW State Librarian and CEO, Dr Alex Byrne and closing remarks were made by the Hon. Leslie Williams MP, Minister for Aboriginal Affairs.
Share the conversation on social media!
We would love your input, suggestions, and ideas.
Here are a few ways you might like to get involved:
- Use the hashtag #CollectingIndigenousVoices and share your thoughts on Indigenous collections and what to collect.
- Follow us @StateLibraryNSW – we are on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Learn more about the Library's Indigenous Collecting here.
- Help us collect and preserve Indigenous voices for future generations. Contact the Indigenous Services team for more information.