The Library is closed onsite, open online. See updates here.
The biennial $75,000 Coral Thomas Fellowship is among the competitive fellowships being offered by the Library to support the research, writing, teaching and experience of Australian history and culture.
According to Richard Neville, Mitchell Librarian & Director of Education & Scholarship at the State Library of NSW: “The story of Australia simply cannot be told without reference to the State Library’s unrivalled collection, and research plays a critical part in both understanding and also questioning Australia’s documented past and more recent present.”
“The Library is committed to encouraging a spirit of scholarly debate arising from our collection,” said Mr Neville. “Our fellowships program supports original research that provides new perspectives on the entire panorama of Australian experience, across five centuries from 17th century through to today.”
The State Library’s Fellowships program includes:
- Coral Thomas Fellowship $75,000, over two years
- Nancy Keesing Fellowship $20,000, over one year
- CH Currey Memorial Fellowship $20,000 , over one year
- Australian Religious History Fellowship $20,000, over one year
- David Scott Mitchell Memorial Fellowship $12,000, over one year
- Merewether Fellowship $12,000, over one year
Applications for all State Library Fellowships close 11:59pm, 17 July 2017.
The Library’s Fellowships program is supported through the generosity of significant private benefactors.
For more information and to apply: For more information and to apply, visit www.sl.nsw.gov.au/fellowships