The Library is back to opening every day. Plus, you no longer need to book online before you visit.
All services (except study rooms) are available in the Governor Marie Bashir Reading Room and the Mitchell Library Reading Room seven days a week. The reading rooms are open Monday to Thursday, 10 am to 8 pm, and Friday to Sunday (including public holidays), 10 am to 5 pm. The Special Collections area in the Mitchell Library Reading Room will be open until 6 pm Monday to Thursday, 5 pm on Friday, and will remain closed on Sundays.
Parts of our galleries and the Library cafe are open every day from 10 am to 5 pm. Be the first to come in and see our new exhibition, Eight Days in Kamay, or spend some time with your favourite works in the Paintings from the Collection exhibition.
The Library Shop is open from 10 am to 5 pm weekdays, and 11am to 5pm on weekends and public holidays.
Physical distancing measures will remain in place and we will continue to follow NSW Health guidelines to protect everyone who comes through our doors.
- Hand hygiene facilities are available at each entrance to the Library and in key locations.
- Bathrooms are well stocked with hand soap and instructions on how to wash hands properly are provided.
- All hard surfaces in the reading rooms, galleries and other public spaces are regularly cleaned throughout the day.
- Study desks, computer keyboards and mouses are cleaned between each use.
- Physical distancing measures are in place, with limited seating in reading rooms and signage clearly displayed.
- Single-use headphones will be made available to users who might need them and don’t have their own.
If you are feeling unwell or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please do not visit the Library.
Following the advice of NSW Health, we strongly recommend that you leave your details for the purposes of contact tracing. This information will be deleted after 28 days.