- access the internet;
- access Library resources, including eresources and the catalogue;
- create or edit documents using MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- save to USB, or use our self-service printers.
There are 2 types of computers:
Library card holders - 2 hour sessions
- Library card required. You can sign up for a Library card online or when you visit.
- Log in to any available 2 hour computer, or reserve a computer up to 2 weeks in advance using the reservation station on LG1.
Express - 30 minute sessions
- You don't need a Library card to use these computers.
- Collect a guest pass from staff at the LG1 service desk, and log in to any available express computer.
You will need to accept the Internet usage policy to use the Library's computers.
In your language
All computers throughout the Governor Marie Bashir Reading Room have on-screen keyboards that are available in Arabic and simplified Chinese.
You can request an on-screen keyboard in your language by filling in the online feedback form.
It works by automatically scanning a document and identifying the language. Documents are then captured and read back in a natural voice in just 2-3 seconds. ReadIt Air is an automatic reader that enables instant access to printed documents by converting them to large print and text-to-speech output in 20 languages.
Documents can be imported or exported as a PDF, Word file, email or MP3 file and can be read directly in ReadIt.
ReadIt Air can currently read:
Use our online feedback form to request ReadIt Air in your language.
ReadIt Air is also designed to assist people who are blind or have low vision, or people with a learning disability.
ReadIt Air equipment and software is installed on two dedicated computers in the Governor Marie Bashir Reading Room, on Lower Ground 1.