Due to essential network maintenance, access to some online services including the viewing of digital images will be temporarily unavailable between 5 pm and 8 pm AEST on Sunday, 22 September 2019. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
2018 has been a busy year of training, with nearly 30 training sessions delivered to over 300 public library staff .
Collect Connect Community: an introduction to the State Library of NSW
Collect Connect Community (CCC) introduces participants to the collections and services of the State Library of NSW. The training is delivered to small groups of about 20 people using iPads to explore the State Library website.
We delivered 11 sessions of the CCC to 179 participants from 48 councils. Feedback from the participants included:
- I can’t wait to share what I learned with my colleagues and patrons
- An effective interactive workshop with exercises related to the topics was very helpful - I learnt to use the catalogue more effectively and understand the website features much better
- Fabulous – love that it’s interactive and engages all participants
- It will save me days trying to navigate the website, especially the Public Library Services section
Two of these sessions included the Beginners guide to family history, with 41 participants from 24 councils finding out about key concepts and strategies for answering common family history questions. The workshop shows you how to access key online family history resources for births, deaths and marriages, and shipping and passenger records. Feedback included:
- So much information available online – no one should leave the Library empty handed
- Thank you for running this session and making me aware of the great breadth of resources available for family history research
- Great intro to helping with family history queries
In addition, we also took Collect Connect Community on the road this year, taking it to Orange and Campbelltown. In Orange we trained 19 people from 5 councils, and reached 38 people from 4 councils at Campbelltown.
We look forward to delivering Collect Connect Community in 2019 - find the dates and booking details here.
Find Legal Answers and Drug Info training
The Find Legal Answers and Drug Info training builds the capacity of public library staff to answer enquiries about the law, drugs and alcohol. Catherine and Andrea travel to libraries all over the state to deliver the training.
We delivered 17 sessions this year, to 157 participants from 29 councils. Feedback included:
- Great info – presented in a clear and easy to use manner, demonstrates that this information is both relevant and easy to access in a vast array of situations
- The online info is easy and intuitive to use and the workshop was informative and well paced
- I found the training to be interesting and insightful – the activities were good and indicated that the resources were easy to follow and written for the average person
And we haven’t finished yet, with one more session to go before the end of the year!
See the range of professional development courses offered by the State Library.