Due to essential network maintenance, access to some online services including the viewing of digital images will be temporarily unavailable between 5 pm and 8 pm AEST on Sunday, 22 September 2019. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
The Enriching Communities research shows the value of public libraries through their contribution to a sustainable NSW community.
This research highlights the contribution made by public libraries to a sustainable New South Wales community, and provides a means of quantifying that contribution. The project was completed in March 2008.
- Enriching Communities - the value of public libraries in New South Wales Full Report (PDF 1.72 MB)
- Enriching Communities -the value of public libraries in New South Wales Summary Report (PDF 758 KB)
- Enriching Communities - the value of public libraries in New South Wales Appendices to report (PDF 13.98 MB)
- Sustaining Communities- Measuring the Value of Public Libraries, phase one - A Review of Research Approach (PDF 537.39 KB)
- Public libraries and sustainable communities, Project discussion paper (PDF 52.14 KB)
Enriching Communities research provides clear evidence of the contribution of public libraries in terms of ecnomic impact. You can use the spreadsheets below to calculate economic value and benefit: