The Library is open over the October long weekend, with reduced hours on Monday 2 October 2023. View the long weekend opening hours here.
Use the resources provided to promote indyreads to your library users. These are all available free of charge.
Bookmarks, postcards and banner
Use the online order form to order promotional bookmarks, postcards and banner.
Display these in your library, or take them to outreach events to promote indyreads.
Landscape and portrait images are available to use on your library's digital screen. You will a variety of options to promote different aspects of indyreads.indyreads digital signage
Print and display the posters if your library doesn't have digital screens. Two posters are available and can also be shared with your community partners to promote indyreads more widely.indyreads posters
Create your own posts, or use the images and suggested text on your social media channels. Images and posts are available on themes including getting started on indyreads, audiobooks, children, teens, collections in languages other than English and learning English.Suggested social media posts for indyreads Images for Instagram Images for Facebook
If your library has a Canva account, you can customise these designs to promote titles on indyreads. Use the Open Sans font if adding text.
Other ways to promote indyreads
- If your library is promoting a title on social media, check if it is on indyreads and include that in the post
- Pick a title and create your own posts using the Canva templates, write a short engaging blurb giving an overview of the book
- Create an ‘indyreads’ highlight on Instagram and post how to download and log into the app
- Use Instagram stories to promote indyreads – share your own or reshare posts from the @publiclibrariesNSW account
- Use the #indyreadsNSW and #NSWPublicLibraries hashtags on Instagram posts
- Share the ‘Get started’ poster around your library and share with local organisations
- Include messaging and graphics for indyreads in your library and council newsletters
- Promote the summer and winter reading campaigns and invite community members to attend a screening of the author talk
Resources for library websites
Indyreads logo zip file - find a selection of logos to use on your website or other promotional material
Links to indyreads
Use the links below to the browser and app versions of indyreads. Add them to your library website.
- indyreads browser - allows people to browse the collection in a web browser, login to their account, borrow and read/listen to titles, manage loans, reservations, create reading lists and favourites, and make suggestions for purchase
- Apple app from App Store - indyreads app for Apple devices
- Android app from Google Play - indyreads app for Android devices
- App Store and Google Play logos - zip file
Use these words to promote indyreads on your library website: indyreads provides access to a statewide collection of independent Australian and international titles, classic fiction and modern award-winning titles in eBook and eAudio format.