The Library is closed onsite, open online. See updates here.
This social media campaign was originally prepared for Law Week. However, you can use the following sample posts to let your community know about the legal information available to them at any time of the year.
Law Week is held every year in May to promote community awareness and understanding of the law, the legal system and the legal profession. Law Week this year is from 17 - 23 May.
As well as holding events, having a display or hosting a legal information session, you can promote Law Week and helpful legal resources via your library website, newsletters and social media.
Use the following sample article, posts and images to promote Law Week to your community.
Sample articles and posts
Website or newsletter article
Use this article on your website during Law Week. Or use the article in your council or library newsletter.
Law Week is held every year in May to promote community awareness and understanding of the law, the legal system and the legal profession. Check out the Find Legal Answers website to find websites and books to help you learn about the law.
You can find plain English books about the law at www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/books-online
The Law Handbook: Your Practical Guide to the Law in NSW has 40 chapters dealing with legal topics from About the legal system to Wills, estates and funerals www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/law-handbook-your-practical-guide-law-nsw
Neighbours and the Law is an easy to understand guide to the different areas of law that are involved in neighbourhood issues and disputes, including fences, animals and noise www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/neighbours-and-law
Rest Assured: A Legal guide to Wills, Estates, Planning Ahead and Funerals in NSW explains wills and the legal processes when someone dies www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/rest-assured-legal-guide-wills-estates-planning-ahead-and-funerals
Find out where you can get legal help at www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/getting-help
Social media posts
A selection of social media posts have been created for you to share across your social media channels. Simply copy and paste the content and download the relevant image to share on your social media channels. The posts highlight content on the Find Legal Answers website and information from legal agencies. Post every day during Law Week.
- Are you dealing with a legal matter – like a noisy neighbour or making a will? Check out these free guides to help you navigate the law with ease: www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/books-online #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW #LawWeek2021
- It’s #LawWeek2021 – the perfect time to learn more about the law! To find 40 of the most common legal topics for everyday life get 'The Law handbook online for free here: www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/law-handbook-your-practical-guide-law-nsw #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW
- Got an issue with your neighbour? Check out ‘Neighbours and the Law’ – an easy-to-understand legal guide to neighbourhood issues and disputes, including fences, animals and noise. Get it free here: www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/neighbours-and-law #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW #LawWeek2021
- Want to learn more about the law this #LawWeek2021? Check out ‘Rest Assured’ – a legal guide which helps explains wills and the legal processes when someone dies in NSW. Get it free here: www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/rest-assured-legal-guide-wills-estates-planning-ahead-and-funerals #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW
- It’s #LawWeek2021! Get legal help online that’s free and easy to understand here: www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/getting-help #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW
- Do you have a legal problem in NSW? A guided pathway can give you some information after you answer some questions: www.legalhelp.lawaccess.nsw.gov.au/ #LawWeek2021 #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW
- Having a problem with your rental accommodation? Find information and advice here: www.tenants.org.au #LawWeek2021 #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW
- How can the law help you? Find out in these videos for young people by Legal Aid NSW: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLApA5ctFL2pWuf1BhCRAVU0Rje7oZvOTe #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW #LawWeek2021
- Having money problems? Find information and where to get help: financialrights.org.au/ #LawWeek2021 #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW
- Join us #LawWeek2021 happening 17-23 May! See what’s on at www.lawweeknsw.org.au for a range of community activities all about helping people in New South Wales to understand their rights, the law and the justice system #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW
You can use the images on this page and in the zip file below in your posts.Zip file nsw_law_week_logo.zip