The Library is open. See frequently asked questions.
You don't have to wait for Law Week to promote legal information to your community. Use the following sample posts to let your community know about the legal information available to them at any time of the year.
Sample articles and posts
Website or newsletter article
Use this article on your website or newsletter.
Looking for information about the law? Check out the Find Legal Answers website.
You can find plain English books about the law at www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/books-online
The Law Handbook: Your Practical Guide to the Law in NSW has 40 chapters dealing with legal topics from About the legal system to Wills, estates and funerals www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/law-handbook-your-practical-guide-law-nsw
Neighbours and the Law is an easy to understand guide to the different areas of law that are involved in neighbourhood issues and disputes, including fences, animals and noise www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/neighbours-and-law
Rest Assured: A Legal guide to Wills, Estates, Planning Ahead and Funerals in NSW explains wills and the legal processes when someone dies www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/rest-assured-legal-guide-wills-estates-planning-ahead-and-funerals
Find out where you can get legal help at www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/getting-help
Social media posts
A selection of social media posts have been created for you to share across your social media channels. Simply copy and paste the content and download the relevant image to share on your social media channels. The posts highlight content on the Find Legal Answers website and information from legal agencies.
- Are you dealing with a legal matter – like a noisy neighbour or making a will? Check out these free guides to help you navigate the law with ease: www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/books-online #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW
- Want to learn more about the law? ‘The Law handbook’ is a practical guide to the 40 most common legal topics that you deal with in your everyday life. Get it online for free: www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/law-handbook-your-practical-guide-law-nsw #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW
- Got an issue with your neighbour? Check out ‘Neighbours and the Law’ – an easy-to-understand legal guide to neighbourhood issues and disputes, including fences, animals and noise. Get it free here: www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/neighbours-and-law #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW
- Want to learn more about the law? Check out ‘Rest Assured’ – a legal guide which helps explains wills and the legal processes when someone dies in NSW. Get it free here: www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/rest-assured-legal-guide-wills-estates-planning-ahead-and-funerals #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW
- Need help with a legal problem? Find sources of free legal help at: www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/getting-help #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW
- Do you have a legal problem in NSW? A guided pathway can give you some information after you answer some questions: www.legalhelp.lawaccess.nsw.gov.au/ #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW
- Having a problem with your rental accommodation? Find information and advice here: www.tenants.org.au #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW
- How can the law help you? Find out in these videos for young people by Legal Aid NSW: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLApA5ctFL2pWuf1BhCRAVU0Rje7oZvOTe #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW
- Having money problems? Find information and where to get help: financialrights.org.au/ #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW
- Are you a COVID impacted tenant? Check the Renters' Guide to COVID-19 for information and help https://www.tenants.org.au/covid19/guide #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW
- Need information about vaccinations, quarantine and self-isolation, sudden lockdowns, pay, leave and stand downs, or other workplace issues? Find out about COVID-19 and your work at https://coronavirus.fairwork.gov.au/ #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW
- Confused about the health orders? Find information at https://legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/news/covid-19-laws-and-orders #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW
You can use the images on this page and in the zip file below in your posts.legal_information.zip