Due to essential network maintenance, access to some online services including the viewing of digital images will be temporarily unavailable between 5 pm and 8 pm AEST on Sunday, 22 September 2019. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
The Library Council of NSW issues guidelines for NSW public libraries under section 10(5) of the Library Act 1939
Library Council Guidelines including Living, Learning Libraries, People Places, as well as Children's policy and Internet guidelines.
The following guidelines for NSW public libraries have been issued by Library Council under section 10(5) of the Library Act 1939.
- Access to information in New South Wales public libraries guidelines
- Children's policy guidelines
- Co-location and joint use libraries
- Digital practice guidelines
- Privacy guidelines for NSW public libraries
- Guidelines for Local Government Authorities: Library Act 1939
- Internet Policy Guidelines for NSW Public Libraries (PDF 125KB)
- Living Learning Libraries: Standards and Guidelines for NSW Public Libraries
- People places: A guide for public library buildings in New South Wales