Find Legal Answers is the latest short course available via the PL Portal, our new online training platform for NSW public library staff.
In this course you will learn about the Find Legal Answers service - what it is and how you can provide legal information to your community.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand what the Find Legal Answers service is
- understand what legal information is
- understand the different types of legal information
- understand the difference between legal information and legal advice
- use the books in the Find Legal Answers Tool Kit collection
- use the Find Legal Answers website
- know how to promote Find Legal Answers to the community.
There are seven short modules, and the course takes approximately one hour to complete. You do not have to complete it in one sitting. The portal is interactive, with content delivered in a range of ways including short videos, interactive presentations, online games and instructional text, along with some exercises to reinforce your learning.
Go to the PL Portal page to find out more, including how to log in and information about the other courses available.