Due to essential upgrades, access to digital images will be temporarily unavailable between 10.30 am and 12 pm AEDT on Monday, 2 March 2020.
Public Libraries Consultative Committee (PLCC)
The committee provides policy advice to Library Council in relation to providing public library services in NSW, a consultative framework for the Library Council,
the State Library and key stakeholders in local government concerning public library services, advice to Library Council in relation to the funding arrangements
for allocating State Government funding to public libraries, and concerning the development of guidelines for Library Development Grants. The committee does
not evaluate grant applications nor allocate Library Development Grants. Membership of the committee includes representatives of key stakeholder bodies.
The Committee will:
- provide policy advice to the Library Council of NSW concerning the provision of public library services in NSW
- offer a consultative framework for the Library Council, the State Library and key stakeholders in local government in relation to public library services
- advise the Library Council on the funding arrangements for allocating State Government funding to public libraries
- advise the Library Council on the development of guidelines for grant programs and other measures to enhance the provision of public library services across NSW
- advise the Library Council of NSW on any other matters relating to the provision of public library services across NSW
The members of the Committee are:
- 3 members of the Library Council of NSW, one of whom will be appointed as Chair of the Committee
- 5 members nominated by the NSW Public Libraries Association
- 2 members nominated by Local Government NSW
- 1 member nominated by the Division of Local Government, Department of Premier and Cabinet
- NSW State Librarian and Chief Executive ex officio
- Director, Public Libraries and Engagement ex officio
Members are appointed by the Library Council of NSW for two year terms.
A majority of the members.
Frequency of meetings
The committee normally meets four times during each year.
Reports to the Library Council of NSW and communicates with the Public Library Network of NSW.
Relationships to other committees
May seek advice from the Grants Committee, Indigenous Advisory Board and Cultural and Linguistic Advisory Board.
Review of committee
The Terms of Reference and Composition of the Committee are to be reviewed every 3 years.
Manager, Public Library Services
Officers of the State Library as required.