Scheduled maintenance: requesting in the catalogue will be unavailable on Sunday 3 March between 3am and 4am AEDT. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Promote information about the law, drugs and alcohol to the seniors in your community
The NSW Seniors Festival will run from 11-24 March 2024. The theme of the festival is Reach Beyond!
Libraries run a range of programs and events for the Seniors Festival, covering a broad range of topics. It's a great time to let the seniors in your community know about the legal information and information about drugs and alcohol available to them.
Sample posts about the law
A selection of social media posts have been created for you to share across your social media channels. Simply copy and paste the content and download the relevant image to share on your social media channels. The posts highlight content on the Find Legal Answers website and information from legal agencies.
- Worried about scams? Find out about the different types of scams, how to report a scam, and where you can get help at Scamwatch scamwatch.gov.au #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW #NSWSeniorsFestival
- Do you know what the most common scams are? Find out at Scamwatch scamwatch.gov.au #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW #NSWSeniorsFestival
- Did you know there are legal services that can give free legal advice? Find where you can go for help at legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/seniors #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW #NSWSeniorsFestival
- Problems with debt can happen at any age. The book 'Dealing with debt: a legal guide to personal debt in NSW' helps debtors in NSW to resolve their debt problems. It helps debtors to understand common types of debt and debt recovery processes, consider alternatives for managing debt issues, and respond to debt recovery action in the Local Court of NSW. Find it at your local library or online at legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/dealing-debt-legal-guide-personal-debt-nsw #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW #NSWSeniorsFestival
- Are you a grandparent? Thinking of helping your family financially? Needing to make or change your will? Find out about legal issues than can affect older people in a series of online fact sheets from Legal Aid NSW: legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/seniors #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW #NSWSeniorsFestival
- Want to learn more about the law? Check out ‘Rest Assured’ – a legal guide which helps explains wills and the legal processes when someone dies in NSW. Get it free here: legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/rest-assured-legal-guide-wills-estates-planning-ahead-and-funerals #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW #NSWSeniorsFestival
- Did you know that the Seniors Rights Service provides advice on legal issues to older people in NSW? Find out more about their free and confidential legal advice service at: www.seniorsrightsservice.org.au/ #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW #NSWSeniorsFestival
- Do you want to learn more about the law? Check out the resources at legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/seniors - you'll find information and sources of free legal help #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW #NSWSeniorsFestival
- Do you know the signs of abuse or neglect of an older person? Find out about the types of behaviours and signs to look out for at: ageingdisabilitycommission.nsw.gov.au/tools-and-resources/for-the-community/what-is-abuse-and-neglect.html #NSWPublicLibraries #LegalAnswersNSW #NSWSeniorsFestival
Sample posts about drugs and alcohol
A selection of social media posts have been created for you to share across your social media channels. Simply copy and paste the content and download the relevant image to share on your social media channels. The posts highlight content on the Drug Info website and information from health agencies.
- Visit druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/seniors for more information on drugs and alcohol and the law this #NSWSeniorsFestival, as well as links to getting help, current guidelines and staying healthy #DrugInfo #NSWPublicLibraries
- How much do you know about drugs and alcohol? Visit #DrugInfo and find out more druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/seniors #NSWPublicLibraries #NSWSeniorsFestival
- Did you know that alcohol is the most common drug used by older people? Older people in Australia are less likely to binge drink but are the most likely age groups to be daily drinkers. Find out more about alcohol guidelines by visiting druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/alcohol/standard-drinks/australian-alcohol-guidelines #DrugInfo #NSWPublicLibraries #NSWSeniorsFestival
- Did you know that regularly drinking a lot of alcohol over time is likely to cause problems for your health and wellbeing? #GetTheFacts about alcohol and where to get help and support by visiting Drug Info druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/alcohol https://youtu.be/4iwYt_DHElY #NSWPublicLibraries #NSWSeniorsFestival
- Visit #DrugInfo this #NSWSeniorsFestival to find out more about drug laws in NSW, drugs and driving and more druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/drugs-and-the-law #NSWPublicLibraries
- Using alcohol at the same time as any other drug can be dangerous. This includes drinking alcohol while taking prescribed medications and over-the-counter medications. Learn more at druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/alcohol/about-alcohol #NSWPublicLibraries #NSWSeniorsFestival
- If you or someone you know is struggling with drugs or alcohol, there are free and confidential resources to help you – visit #DrugInfo druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/getting-help to find out more about getting help #NSWPublicLibraries #NSWSeniorsFestival
You can use the images in the zip file below in your posts, or source images from paid and free image providers (for example, Pexels, Pixabay, Unsplash or iStock).
Seniors Festival communication resources
You can find the Seniors Festival Communications Toolkit, posters, social media tiles and more on the Seniors Festival website.