Promote information about the law, drugs and alcohol to the seniors in your community
This campaign was designed to be used during the the NSW Seniors Festival. However, you can use the posts at any time of the year to let the seniors in your community know about the legal information and information about drugs and alcohol available to them.
Sample posts about the law
A selection of social media posts have been created for you to share across your social media channels. Simply copy and paste the content and download the relevant image to share on your social media channels. The posts highlight content on the Find Legal Answers website and information from legal agencies.
- Did you know there are legal services that can give free legal advice? Find where you can go for help at legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/seniors #NSWPublicLibraries #legalanswersnsw
- How much do you know about the law? Check out the 'Law Handbook', a free plain English guide to the law: legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/law-handbook-your-practical-guide-law-nsw #NSWPublicLibraries #legalanswersnsw
- Are you a grandparent? Thinking of helping your family financially? Needing to make or change your will? Find out about legal issues than can affect older people in a series of online fact sheets from Legal Aid NSW: legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/seniors #NSWPublicLibraries #legalanswersnsw
- Want to learn more about the law? Check out ‘Rest Assured’ – a legal guide which helps explains wills and the legal processes when someone dies in NSW. Get it free here: www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/rest-assured-legal-guide-wills-estates-planning-ahead-and-funerals #NSWPublicLibraries #legalanswersnsw
- Looking for help or advice about your aged care service? Contact the Seniors Rights Service for free and confidential telephone advice: www.seniorsrightsservice.org.au/ #NSWPublicLibraries #legalanswersnsw
Sample posts about drugs and alcohol
A selection of social media posts have been created for you to share across your social media channels. Simply copy and paste the content and download the relevant image to share on your social media channels. The posts highlight content on the Drug Info website and information from health agencies.
- Visit druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/seniors for more information on drugs and alcohol and the law, as well as links to getting help, current guidelines and staying healthy #DrugInfo #NSWPublicLibraries
- How much do you know about drugs and alcohol? Visit #DrugInfo and find out more druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/seniors #NSWPublicLibraries
- Did you know that alcohol is the most common drug used by older people? Older people in Australia are less likely to binge drink but are the most likely age groups to be daily drinkers. Find out more about alcohol guidelines by visiting druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/alcohol/standard-drinks/australian-alcohol-guidelines #DrugInfo #NSWPublicLibraries
- Did you know that regularly drinking a lot of alcohol over time is likely to cause problems for your health and wellbeing? #GetTheFacts about alcohol and where to get help and support by visiting Drug Info druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/alcohol https://youtu.be/4iwYt_DHElY #NSWPublicLibraries
- Visit #DrugInfo to find out more about drug laws in NSW, drugs and driving and more druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/drugs-and-the-law #nswpubliclibraries
- Did you know alcohol is most commonly involved in risky polydrug use? Find out more #DrugFacts by visiting druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/drugs/polydrug-use #NSWPublicLibraries
- It's always a great time to Get Healthy! NSW Health runs a free telephone coaching service to help people who want to reduce their alcohol consumptiondruginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/alcohol/get-healthy-information-and-coaching-service #NSWPublicLibraries
- If you or someone you know is struggling with drugs or alcohol, there are free and confidential resources to help you – visit #DrugInfo druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/getting-help to find out more about getting help #NSWPublicLibraries
You can use the images on this page and in the zip file below in your posts.Zip file