The State Library is temporarily closed until further notice. See updates here.
The Drug and alcohol information workshop equips staff with a knowledge of drug and alcohol information resources.
The workshop focuses on the state-wide Drug Info service available through public libraries across NSW and on the web. The workshop shows you how to access key drug and alcohol information resources which are available in public libraries or online. The workshop also includes a standard drink demonstration.
Who is this course for?
This course is for staff working in NSW public libraries. Information about other courses available at the State Library of NSW can be accessed here.
The workshop will suit all levels of staff including new public library staff and those seeking to refresh their knowledge.
- One and a half-hour face-to-face workshop or
- Three and a half hour face-to-face workshop when delivered together with the Legal information workshop.
Learning strategies involve a mix of lecture style, group work, guided opportunities for participants to explore the Drug Info website and a hands-on standard drink pouring demonstration.
At the end of this workshop/course participants will be:
- familiar with the scope of the Drug Info collections in central and branch libraries
- familiar with the Drug Info website and the range of information it contains
- able to assist students to find information about drugs and alcohol.
- access to computers or tablets to be provided by the host library
- standard drink demonstration
This workshop is free for NSW public library staff.
The Drug and alcohol information workshop is available to be delivered locally on request. A Drug and alcohol information workshop session can be combined with the Legal information workshop in one session.
To book a workshop session in your library please contact Drug Info staff.
Visit the events calendar to find details of upcoming events at the State Library as well as other events that may be of interest to NSW public library staff.
If you are participating in the ALIA PD scheme you may claim 1 point for this activity.
All training notes are available on request, and can be used to on-train staff in your library. To request training notes for the Drug and alcohol information workshop, or annual update training, please fill in this form.