The Drug & Alcohol Info Events Kit is a mobile information display and resources kit available to all NSW public libraries. Included are a range of activities and display items designed to promote the quality information on alocohol and other drugs which is accessible to the community through public libraries.
The kit provides an alternative to the Drug and Alcohol Info Pop-Up program, and is best suited to libraries with access to tablet stands, as well as libraries planning to host Drug Info events and activities or partnering with local organisations on Drug Info activities.
Events Kit contents
The kit consists of:
- a pull-up Drug Info banner
- a standard drinks educational pouring and display kit
- a Know Your Limits beer goggle kit
- a Big Night Out board game
- an iPad loaded with the Drug Fact Finder information display
- the Drug Info activity booklet
The Drug Fact Finder
The Drug Fact Finder is a tablet-based display which provides an interactive component to the Drug & Alcohol Info Pop-Up.
The Drug Fact Finder features:
- colourful images
- facts about 16 different drugs
- quiz questions
- QR-code links to more detailed information on the Drug Info website.
Public libraries do not have to wait until they are hosting the Drug & Alcohol Info Pop-Up. The Drug Fact Finder can be displayed in the library at any time. Simply set up an iPad in a display stand and set up some Drug Info signage with the Drug Info collection and some promotional resources. The Drug Fact Finder is at the following URL:
NOTE: For best results the Drug Fact Finder should be displayed via the Kiosk Pro application which is included on the home screen of iPads supplied with the Drug & Alcohol Info Pop-Up. Libraries displaying the Drug Fact Finder on their own devices should contact the Drug Info team for further guidance.
During the host period the library is required to run a minimum of two events or activities in their community. Libraries may choose to run events at different branches of the library service, or at outreach events. Some ideas for promotion outside the library include:
- mobile libraries and library vans
- a library stall at community fairs and festivals
- visits to schools and external youth events.
The events program is based on the existing Know Your Standards and Know Your Drug Facts programs for public libraries.
Preparing to host
There are a number of ways to get the most out of the Drug and Alcohol Info Pop-Up. Before hosting:
- Check your library’s stock of Drug Info promotional material. For more information and the online order form, see our promotional material page.
- Contact your local Community Drug Action Team (CDAT) to let them know. Drug Info encourages public libraries to work with local CDATs to improve community awareness of drug and alcohol issues. See our Community Drug Action Teams page for more information.
Reporting and evaluation
The Drug & Alcohol Info Pop-Up is an evaluated program and host libraries are asked to complete an evaluation at the end of the display period hub installation using an online form.
Would your library like to host the Drug & Alcohol Info Events Kit? Contact the Drug Info team for more information.