Use your Find Legal Answers resources to promote awareness of legal issues to older people
Many libraries are involved in events and activities during the NSW Seniors Festival. You can use your Find Legal Answers resources to promote awareness of legal issues during the festival and at other times of the year.
Find Legal Answers website
The Legal information for older people page links to online books, factsheets and sources of legal help for older people.
Subject resource sheets
The following subject resource sheets show you how to find information on the Find Legal Answers website, highlighting some of the resources available. You can print these out and add them to your showbags or promotional material.
Information resources to promote
Find Legal Answers Tool Kit
Use these books from your Find Legal Answers Tool Kit in library displays:
- The law handbook
- Rest assured: a legal guide to wills, estates and funerals
- Speaking for myself: planning for later life decision-making
- Seniors guide to consumer rights in NSW
Order free pamphlets to give away to seniors during events.
Legal Aid NSW has a number of free pamphlets you can order. Go to the Order a publication page and select the Older people topic. Recommended pamphlets are:
- Adult children living at home. What to do if you want them to leave?
- Are you a grandparent? Your legal questions answered
- Are you experiencing violence or abuse? You can make it stop
- Helping your family financially? Understand the risks
- Moving in with the family? Make sure you protect your interests
- They want me to leave
- Who will decide for you if you can't decide for yourself? Think about planning ahead
- Why make a will?
- Your home and the age pension. What you need to know.
Extra copies of the Tool Kit title Speaking for myself: planning for later life decision making can be ordered from Legal Aid.
Planning an event
Community legal education talks are available to be presented at your library. Topics currently available are:
- Avoiding scams
- NDIS: how the law can help
- Your money and the law
- Your neighbours and the law
- Piano Forte: a program dealing with elder financial abuse.
Promotion and reporting
Promotional material items such as bookmarks, brochures, magnets, seniors promotional cards and showbags are available to order for your event or activity.
IMPORTANT! Don't forget to report your event or activity via our online form.
Twitter, Facebook and other forms of social media are effective methods of communication. You could use these channels to provide links to useful online resources in order to promote legal information.
Use the seniors social media campaign to let the seniors in your community know about the legal information available to them.
Videos from Legal Aid NSW
You may wish to promote the Legal Aid YouTube channel, which has a series of short videos, podcasts and webinars on a variety of legal topics.