The Library is closed onsite, open online. See updates here.
Promote information about the law, drugs and alcohol to the young people in your community
This social media campaign was originally prepared for Youth Week. However, you can use the following sample posts to let the young people in your community know about the legal information and information about drugs and alcohol available to them at any time of the year.
Sample posts about the law
A selection of social media posts have been created for you to share across your social media channels. Simply copy and paste the content and download the relevant image to share on your social media channels. The posts highlight content on the Find Legal Answers website and information from legal agencies.
- Day-to-day life can bring out a lot of legal problems which can be frightening and super stressful for young people. It is important that you know your rights, and where you can get help if you need it. Check out these helpful resources: legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/youth #nswpubliclibraries #legalanswersnsw
- Did you know there are legal services that can give free legal advice to young people? Find where you can go for help at legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/youth #nswpubliclibraries #legalanswersnsw
- Confused by driving laws? Wondering what your rights are at work? Check out these great fact sheets from Youth Law Australia: yla.org.au/nsw/topics/ #nswpubliclibraries #legalanswersnsw
- Looking to rent a place but confused about the law? Check out these helpful fact sheets from the Tenants' Union of NSW: www.tenants.org.au/ #nswpubliclibraries #legalanswersnsw
- How much do you know about the law? Check out the 'Law Handbook', a free plain English guide to the law: legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/law-handbook-your-practical-guide-law-nsw #nswpubliclibraries #legalanswersnsw
- Calling all #Legal Studies students, we’ve put together a list of resources to help you with your studies! Visit the school resources page and explore our research guides and videos legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/school-resources #nswpubliclibraries #legalanswersnsw
- Under 18? Do you know your legal rights? Find information at www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au/publications/factsheets-and-resources/get-street-smart-under-18s-know-your-legal-rights #nswpubliclibraries #legalanswersnsw
- Crashed your car? Find out what to do if your car is damaged in a car accident www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au/publications/factsheets-and-resources/have-you-crashed-your-car #nswpubliclibraries #legalanswersnsw
- How can the law help you? Find out in these videos for young people by Legal Aid NSW: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLApA5ctFL2pWuf1BhCRAVU0Rje7oZvOTe #nswpubliclibraries #legalanswersnsw
Sample posts about drugs and alcohol
A selection of social media posts have been created for you to share across your social media channels. Simply copy and paste the content and download the relevant image to share on your social media channels. The posts highlight content on the Drug Info website and information from health agencies.
- Visit the #DrugInfo page to learn about drug and alcohol issues affecting young people, resources for students, and where to go for help druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/youth #nswpubliclibraries
- Visit the #RespectYourBrain campaign page to find out more about the impact of three commonly used drugs in Australia and the way they affect a young person’s developing brain druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/respect-your-brain #nswpubliclibraries
- How much do you know about drugs and alcohol? Visit #DrugInfo and find out more druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/youth #nswpubliclibraries
- Laws are relaxing in NSW but it’s important to stay safe when partying. Visit Your Room for more tips on having a good night out with your friends https://yourroom.health.nsw.gov.au/publicationdocuments/Your-pocket-guide-to-a-good-night.pdf #nswpubliclibraries
- Everyone has a right to feel safe. Visit Your Room to download your free copy of ‘Coping with aggression, alcohol and drug use in the home - A guide for teenagers’ www.yourroom.health.nsw.gov.au/resources/publications/Pages/managing-aggression-AOD-teenagers.aspx #nswpubliclibraries
- Young people who already experience mental health problems, or who have a family history of mental health problems, are more sensitive to the effects of alcohol and other drugs. Visit #DrugInfo for more information and where to get help druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/drugs/mental-health #nswpubliclibraries
- If you or someone you know is struggling with drugs or alcohol, there are free and confidential resources to help – visit #DrugInfo druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/getting-help to find out more about getting help #nswpubliclibraries
- Young people are at a critical stage of development, delaying use of alcohol and other drugs (AOD) as long as possible can help to reduce harms. Read more about ways to prevent and delay AOD use by 12–17-year-olds www.adf.org.au/talking-about-drugs/parenting/preventing-aod-uptake/ #nswpubliclibraries
- Calling all #PDHPE students, we’ve put together a list of resources to help you with your studies! Visit #DrugInfo today and explore more guides.sl.nsw.gov.au/drug-and-alcohol-information-pdhpe #nswpubliclibraries
You can use the images on this page and in the zip file below in your posts.Zip file