There are currently intermittent issues with the display of images on the old catalogue and Library website. We are working to resolve the issue and apologise for any inconvenience. Please search the new catalogue.
The State Library has been collecting LGBTQI+ material since the 1970s and continues to collect, now and into the future.
We are all living our stories and play a part in creating history.
Your stories have value and deserve to be recorded.
Share your pride story.
Call the Pride Line & leave a voice message.
02 9273 1212
By leaving a voice message on Pride Line, you are allowing the State Library to permanently collect, store and publish your recording.
Please note: the State Library may wish to contact you regarding your voice message, including for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be contacted, please state this at the start of your voice message.
The Pride Line project will become part of the State Library’s LGBTQI+ collections.
Learn more about LGBTQI+ collections
Collection of voice messages
- Pride Line will be open 24 hours a day from Monday 6 March to Sunday 9 July 2023.
- By contributing a voice message to Pride Line participants agree that the audio recording may be permanently collected, stored and made publicly accessible as part of the State Library’s collection.
- You don’t need to include any information that may identify you in your message. If you do include personal identifying information (about yourself or any other persons) please be mindful that this material will be made publicly accessible as part of the State Library’s collection.
- The State Library curatorial team will review all voice messages sent to the Pride Line phone number at PH: +61 2 9273 1212 and select audio recordings to become part of the State Library’s collection.
- Contributor phone numbers are collected automatically when a message is recorded via Pride Line. The numbers will not be published or collected as part of this project. Contributor phone numbers will never be shared with any third parties, without permission being granted.
- If after sharing a voice message on the Pride Line you change your mind about contributing to the project, you can email the State Library within 7 days of leaving your message to request its withdrawal at:
- Please be aware the State Library may wish to contact you regarding your voice message, including for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be contacted, please state this at the start of your voice message.