Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) 
Independent review of a wide range of decisions made by the Australian Government, including disputes about Centrelink and Child Support 
Tel: 1800 228 333 

Database of current Australian legislation and case law 

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) 
Information and assistance in understanding Australian consumer protection laws including debt collection guidelines for collectors and creditors 
Tel: 1300 302 502 

Australian Energy Regulator 
Useful information and contacts for consumers 
Tel: 1300 585 165 

Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) 
AFCA is the free and independent dispute resolution scheme for the financial services industry and insurance-related complaints 
Tel: 1800 931 678 

Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA) 
Everything you need to know about bankruptcy in Australia, including information guides and links to relevant forms 
Tel: 1300 364 785 
(If you have difficulty speaking or understanding English, contact the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) 131 450 and ask for AFSA on 1300 364 785) 

Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) 
Information about consumer credit protections 
Tel: 1300 300 630 

Australian Taxation Office (ATO) 
Information about tax debt 

Community Justice Centres NSW 
Free, confidential mediation services for community-based related disputes 
Tel: 1800 990 777 

Community Legal Centres Australia (CLCS) 
Assistance with finding the appropriate community legal centre to obtain free legal advice when dealing with interstate matters 

Community Legal Centres NSW (CLCNSW) 
Contact information for community legal centres across NSW 

Credit Law Toolkit 
A detailed guide for lawyers and financial counsellors assisting clients with credit law matters 

Credit reporting 
You can access a copy of your credit report from these organisations: 
• illion Tel: 13 23 33 
• Equifax Tel: 13 83 32 
• Experian Tel: 1300 783 684 

Deaf Connect
Find and book interpreters 
Tel: (02) 8833 3600
Skype:  deafsocietyofnsw
SMS: 0427 741 420 

Department of Home Affairs (Commonwealth) Free Translating Service
Free translating service for people settling permanently in Australia 

Domestic Violence NSW 
Range of resources, information and contact information for people experiencing domestic violence in NSW 
Tel: 1800 656 463 (24-hour domestic violence line) 

Energy and Water Ombudsman NSW (EWON 
Complaints about energy and water suppliers in NSW 
Tel: 1800 246 545 

Federal Court of Australia 
Bankruptcy guides, practice notes, forms and fee information 

Financial Counselling Australia 
Contact information for financial counsellors near you 

Financial Counsellors Association of NSW (FCAN) 
Contact information and advocacy for financially vulnerable people and support for people experiencing financial hardship in NSW 
Tel: 1300 914 408 

Financial Rights Legal Centre 
Advice, advocacy and online resources for consumers in financial stress 
• National Debt Helpline, for free financial counselling — 1800 007 007 
• Insurance Law Service — 1300 663 464 
• Mob Strong Debt Help, for Aboriginal clients who need help managing debt — 1800 808 488 

Find Legal Answers 
A service of the State Library of New South Wales that provides information in plain English to help you answer common legal questions — information is available online or through resources at your local library 

24/7 telephone counselling and referrals to local face-to-face counsellors 
Tel: 1800 858 858 

Home Building Advocacy Service (HoBAS)
Legal advice service with consumers with home building disputes 
Tel: (02) 8833 0994 

Indigenous Consumer Assistance Network 
Education, advocacy and financial counselling for Indigenous consumers across Australia 
Tel: 1800 369 878 

Law Society of NSW 
Information about legal cost disputes 
Tel: (02) 9926 0333 

Law Society of NSW — Pro Bono Scheme 
Request pro bono legal assistance from solicitors in NSW 
Tel: (02) 9926 0364 or (02) 9926 0355 

Law Society of NSW — Solicitor Referral Service 
Request referrals to private solicitors across NSW 
Tel: (02) 9926 0300 

Legal Aid NSW 
Legal Aid NSW provides legal information to anyone with a legal problem in NSW through their legal information and referral service, LawAccess NSW. You can contact LawAcces NSW by using their online chat service or by phone.
Tel: 1300 888 529
For legal advice about fines and specialist assistance for people eligible for Work and Development Orders (WDOs), call the following number in your region and ask to speak to the WDO Service: 
• Central West & North West NSW — (02) 6362 8022 
• North Coast & North Eastern NSW — (02) 6621 2082 
• South Coast, Southern NSW & Far West — (02) 4228 8299 
• South West & Western Sydney — (02) 9601 1200 
• Sydney Metro, Central Coast & Hunter — (02) 9219 5000 

24/7 crisis support and suicide prevention, via telephone and online chat 
Tel: 13 11 14 

Local Court of NSW
Information about Local Court locations, contacts, listings, processes and procedures 

Free online financial guidance and resources for money and debt management, including the Dealing with Debt Collectors publication and lists of ASIC-approved credit providers 

Mortgage Stress Handbook 
A practical guide for people having trouble with their mortgage 

Multicultural NSW — Language Services 
Comprehensive interpreting and translation services in numerous languages, including Auslan and relay services 

National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) 
Online directory of accredited translators and interpreters 

National Debt Helpline 
Free advice service to help people tackle debt problems 
Tel: 1800 007 007 

NSW Ambulance 
Information about ambulance bill exemptions and financial hardship options 
Tel: 1300 655 200 

NSW Bar Association — Legal Assistance Referral Scheme (LARS) 
Request pro bono legal assistance from barristers in NSW 

NSW Caselaw 
Up-to-date database of NSW caselaw (judge-made law and decisions) 

NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) 
State administrative tribunal which deals with consumer and other matters; information about consumer claims and procedural matters 
Tel: 1300 006 228 

NSW Fair Trading 
Information and assistance regarding consumer rights and guarantees 
Tel: 13 32 20 

NSW Legislation 
Up-to-date versions of NSW legislation, rules and regulations 

NSW Online Registry 
Allows 24/7 online filing of various court and tribunal documents 

NSW Ombudsman 
Independent and impartial watchdog dealing with complaints about state agencies and councils 
Tel: (02) 9286 1000 

List of NILS (no interest loan scheme) providers in NSW 
Tel: 1800 509 994 

Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) 
OAIC can deal with complaints about incorrect information held by a credit reporting body 

Office of the Legal Services Commissioner (OLSC) 
Deals with complaints about legal practitioners in NSW and provides information about legal costs complaints 
Tel: 1800 242 958 or (02) 9377 1800 

Revenue NSW 
Pay or dispute fines, court fines and overdue fines; for further information about referred government debts, call the appropriate number below: 
• Fine Notices — 1300 138 118 
• Overdue Fines — 1300 655 805 
• WDO Hotline — 1300 478 879 
• Advocate’s Hotline — 1300 135 627 

Service NSW 
Information about paying tolls and toll notices; Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) vouchers are available through Service NSW and you can call 13 77 88 for information about energy rebates; book an appointment at a service centre to have documents translated into English, or from English into another language 

Services Australia 
Information about Centrepay options and online registration; information about Centrelink, Child Support and student loan debt 

Strata Collective Sales Advocacy Service 
(run by Marrickville Legal Centre)
Free legal advice for lot owners with strata scheme issues 
Tel: (02) 9559 2899 

Supreme Court Costs Assessment Scheme 
Information about legal cost assessment 
Tel: 1300 679 272 

Telecommunication Industry Ombudsman (TIO) 
Independent dispute resolution service for telephone and internet complaints 
Tel: 1800 062 058 

Tenants’ Union of NSW 
Information about tenants’ rights and contact information for Tenant Advice and Advocacy Services across NSW 

Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) 
Telephone interpreter services, for assistance with contacting courts and service providers 
Tel: 131 450 

Salvation Army 
Information about emergency and crisis relief, and local service centres 

UCPR Online 
Online access to all current and approved UCPR forms 

Victims Services NSW 
Information about victim support services and restitution matters 
Tel: 1800 633 063 (Victims Access Line) 
Tel: 1800 019 123 (Aboriginal contact line) 

Welfare Rights Centre 
Legal advice on Centrelink and social security matters to people in NSW; advice is provided over the phone 
Tel: (02) 9211 5300 
1800 226 028 (toll-free from outside Sydney metro area)