A world-leading library and centre of digital excellence, the State Library of NSW informs, educates, inspires and surprises online, onsite and on tour. The Library’s rich heritage collections, contemporary print and digital materials, partnership with the public library network and vibrant collaborations enable Australians to interrogate our past and imagine our future.
Mission and values
To strengthen the community by being the trusted provider of quality information services by:
- providing equitable access to contemporary and historical knowledge
- collecting and preserving Australia’s heritage
- promoting our role as a cultural destination
- collaborating with the NSW public library network.
Our core values and beliefs are:
- Equity of access
- Innovation and engagement
For the community, we aspire to be a Library that is:
- a pre-eminent and welcoming cultural destination
- acknowledged for excellent client service and staff expertise
- an innovative gateway to information and cultural enrichment
- recognised for a unique and accessible collection
- an active advocate for the NSW public library network
- a proactive partner in knowledge creation.
Our strategic priorities
People and communities
Staff and capability
Collections and access