Scott family - collection of studio portrait photographs, ca. 1865-1921ca. 1865-1900, 1902, 1908, 1921
William Branwhite Clarke (1798-1878) arrived in Sydney with hi family in 1839 and was appointed to the Anglican ministry at St Peter's, Campbelltown. Within a week, he was re-assigned as headmaster of The King's School, Parramatta. In August 1846 he moved to St Thomas' Church, North Sydney, remaining there until retirement in 1871. Clarke is remembered as a geologist rather than as a churchman. In his spare time he collected specimens of rocks and fossils and published his findings in the Magazine of Natural History. In 1841, Clarke discovered particles of gold near Hartley in the Blue Mountains.