We provide free research orientation sessions, tailored interpretation and engagement sessions, and self-guided visits for university, TAFE and college student groups.
Research orientation sessions
We can provide a free research orientation session for your student group.
This can be tailored to suit the group’s area of study and can include the following:
- Tour of the reading rooms and overview of the facilities and services available
- How to use the Library's catalogue to find relevant resources
- How to access a range of free eresources databases from the Library’s website
- Developing effective search strategies
- Supervised viewing of related collection materials
This introductory session will familiarise students with the Library and provide them with an understanding of how its collections, services and facilities can support their study needs.
This program can be tailored for ESL students .
Duration: 60 - 90 minutes.
Tailored interpretation and engagement sessions with collection materials
The Library has a rich collection of unique materials, including historical manuscripts, architectural plans, maps, and artworks which can enhance your students’ research.
We can provide customised sessions to support tertiary-level coursework and research degree programs, including:
- Curation of themed viewings to complement subject outlines (undergraduate and postgraduate)
- Curation of themed viewings for groups of Higher Degree Research candidates
- Overviews of a range of transferable research-focused skills for students
- Overviews of how to “read” a variety of materials, including: artworks, ephemera, manuscripts, and objects
Self guided visits
Make the most of the Library's collections and resources, by bringing your students to the Library for a free self-guided visit.
We can provide handouts tailored to your subject area and Library cards for your students.
INDIVIDUAL STUDENT VISITS
Students are always welcome to visit the Library on an individual basis at any time during opening hours.
Staff in the reading rooms are available to assist students with their individual research enquiries.