Task no. 1
Mickey of Ulladulla
Using the source below observe and identify the following in the drawing.
- Lyre bird
- Men fishing
- Different types of fish
- Objects introduced by Europeans
Look closely at Mickey's drawing and answer the questions:
- Mickey drew himself in the scene. Which one is Mickey? How do you know?
- Mickey drew a variety of native animals in the scene. Write down the names of the animals you can see.
- What are the men in the boat doing? How do you know?
- How many different types of fish can you see in the water? Find two human-made objects in Mickey's drawings that were introduced to Australia by Europeans.
- Explain how they would have made an impact on Mickey and the life of Aboriginal people in the Ulladulla area.