Collection Item 

[Scenes of Camperdown, N.S.W.] ca. 1900-1927

By Broadhurst Post Card Publishers
These primary students are neatly lined up along Parramatta Road outside Camperdown Public School, boys at the front and girls behind. The photograph was taken by the Broadhurst post card company in the early 20th century. The main school building was opened in 1882. Over the next half century complaints appeared in the press about the overcrowded conditions at the school. Ironically, Camperdown Public was closed in 1996 due to insufficient numbers of pupils.
Call Number:
PXA 635 / 111-116
Published date:
ca. 1900-1927