Newsflash:

The Library is closed onsite, open online. See updates here.

Views of Euromedha Station, Macquarie River, New South Wales, 18581858

The station was a large wool growing property on the Macquarie River in central west New South Wales, belonging originally to L & S Samuel, and then Messrs Walker & Cornish in 1858. It was 38,000 acres and carried 4,500 sheep. The property was also the site of significant native burials with an important group of carved trees (dendroglyphs) -- information from file.
Originally part of an album, the drawings would have probably been sent to relatives in England to illustrate life in the colony.