The Library is closed onsite, open online. See updates here.
About the residency
Roaming freely across the collections, the Reader in Residence will rediscover and reinterpret items from the collection and share the possibilities of the Library on various platforms and media.
Although each reader in Residence will to approach their Fellowship according to their own personal interests, their role may include:
- Initiating and hosting a new reading group at the Library with a focus either on authors from NSW or on books set across it.
- Extracting items of interest from the collection and showcasing these via regular videos to reach a wide cross section of the community, freewheeling through the collections but also working thematically with existing ideas in the NSW events calendar
- Producing a blog that draws interest and positive attention to the State Library
- Suggesting possible topics for public programs
- Making suggestions about possible ideas and themes for Library publications
- Presenting author interviews and events that are distinctive and different from the current offerings from festivals etc.,
- Working with other key cultural institutions to find opportunities and synergies for new dialogue and collaboration