Task no. 1
A trip down memory lane
Discuss the following with your class:
- Do you remember going to buy new shoes when you were younger?
- When did you buy new shoes?
- What happens when you go to buy shoes?
- Were there special reasons for buying new shoes?
- What is the best part of buying new shoes?
- What is the worst part of buying new shoes?
Look at the photograph of young children trying on shoes, below. These children are buying new shoes at a department store. Notice the special seats, the raised platform, and the facial expressions of the children. Imagine you are one of the children.
Write a story about your experience. Include the following:
- What happened at the shoe store?
- What you liked and disliked about the shoe store?
- What kind of shoes did you buy? Describe them
- Why did you need new shoes?