Task no. 1
At The Beach
View the image of Coledale below to set the context.
Share the story At the Beach by Ronald Harvey.
- Where is the story set?
- How did the family get there?
- What activities did they do at the beach?
- Describe the beach and its natural features.
- Describe the human features.
- How does the family care for the beach?
Share your beach experiences with your class.
- Where and when do you go to the beach?
- What do you do when you are there?
- How do you get there?
- How do you care for the beach?
Formulating questions for inquiry
- What are the features of, and activities at, beaches?
- How can we care for beaches?