Due to essential network maintenance, access to some online services including the viewing of digital images will be temporarily unavailable between 5 pm and 8 pm AEST on Sunday, 22 September 2019. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Task no. 1
Making the sculpture
Follow the instructions available from the downloadable resource to create your own clay bust sculpture of a gold miner.
Be ready with all the materials you need and your workspace set up before starting.
- White earthenware handbuilding clay or modelling clay – at least 800 grams per student
- Modelling tools – paddle pop stick, fork, spoon, pencil or commercial clay modelling tools– a variety of objects to make marks
- Old toothbrush – for scoring surfaces to join them
- Small water container and/or water sprayer – to help keep the clay moist if it dries out during the making process
- Newspaper - for use in supporting the structure.